As part of the move to a more sustainable future, Borchard Lines has been working hard to play its part.
For small and medium size businesses in shipping, there are real opportunities to lead the way.
Amongst recent developments:
– The latest annual Sustainability Report has been published and is available on request.
– Borchard Lines has been awarded a Silver EcoVadis Medal. This result places the Line among the top 25 percent of companies assessed by EcoVadis.
– Trials of GTL drop-in fuels were completed. However, the Line strongly believes that Natural Gas based fuels are not an environmental alternative going forward.
– Trials of sustainable Bio-fuels and Additives are under way. Trial conclusions are expected by March 2023.
– Trials of continuous hull cleaning robots will commence in October 2022.